San Diego Workers Compensation Benefits Attorney
San Diego Workers Compensation Benefits AttorneyIf you were injured on the job, you need an experienced Work Injury Lawyer who knows how to fight for you! San Diego Workers Compensation Attorney Dennis A. Dascanio is a Certified Workers Comp Specialist who has been vigorously fighting for the rights of injured workers in and around San Diego since 1987. A highly skilled lawyer, Dennis Dascanio can help you obtain all of the benefits that you are entitled to receive if you have been hurt in a work-related incident. Contact San Diego Workers Compensation Attorney Dennis Dascanio at (619) 338-8399 to make an appointment for your free consultation today. Mr. Dascanio will meet with you or your loved ones to review the circumstances surrounding your injury or occupational illness, provide an educated assessment of your case, and ensure that you are armed with all of the information you need to make an informed decision regarding how best to proceed. Most Workers Compensation cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. No Recovery, No Fee! Workers Compensation Benefits San Diego Under California Law, employers are required to keep Workers Compensation Insurance to ensure that employees will be able to receive top quality medical care and monetary compensation if they are hurt in a work-related accident. Although injured workers are entitled to benefits if they are injured on the job (regardless of fault), obtaining them generally requires the assistance of a highly trained and experienced Workplace Accident Lawyer. San Diego Workers Compensation Attorney Dennis Dascanio has over 30 years experience helping injured workers get these benefits, even when their claims have previously been denied. The Workers Comp Benefits to which injured workers are entitled vary based upon the extent of the injuries and, with respect to monetary compensation, their salary or wages. A number of benefits are available, however injured workers must adhere to the procedures set forth by the DIR (Department of Industrial Relations) and California’s Labor Law statutes. Workers Compensation Benefits include:
- Medical Treatment for all injuries resulting from being hurt in the course and scope of employment. Medical treatment includes hospital care, surgery, reconstructive surgery where necessary, prosthetics where necessary, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, rehabilitative care, and pharmaceutical prescriptions.
- Travel & Mileage – Reimbursement for the cost of traveling to and from all medical appointments. This includes payment at the rate of 56.5¢ per mile, in addition to parking fees and all tolls.
- Disability Benefits – Disability Benefits provide temporary or permanent compensation designed to replace lost wages and future lost wages. These benefits are calculated based on a percentage of the injured worker’s salary or wages at the time they were hurt.
- Job Training – Also known as Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits, workers who are permanently disabled as a result of their on the job injury, and are therefore no longer able to perform their job duties, may receive a voucher for job retraining at a state accredited school. The maximum job retraining benefit is $10,000.
- Death Benefits – Death Benefits Claims are available for the surviving spouses and dependents who have lost a loved one because of a work injury. Benefits include burial expenses (maximum of $5,000 if the injury occurred before January 1st, 2013 and $10,000 for those injured after January 1st, 2013) and monetary compensation. The amount of compensation varies based on the number of surviving dependents.